Thursday, May 26, 2016

Beautiful People-May (I'll do one every month)

Hey! So I saw this over at Noor's and another (I can't remember which) blog. Today I will be doing the Beautiful People something or other... I'll call it a challenge!
Today's post is featuring Marven, the main character in my novel. Anyway! She is the lost princess and she has magical powers and she needs to dethrone the current "king" of the magic world. This is basically just how you meet her... so... yeah! Now onto the questions...!

How often do they smile? Would they smile at a stranger?
She smiles when... ya know... something makes her happy!! It depends on the stranger, if there was a person that was in like a very big rush, and pushed Marven out of the way, she would roll her eyes. If there was a homeless person on the side of the rode, Marven would give a reassuring smile like It's gonna be alright!
What is the cruelest thing she's ever been told? What was her reaction?
Once, she was reading her creative story to the class, she was really excited and thought it was pretty good! But the second she was done, the most popular girl snorted and said "That, my friends, is how you lose friends" with a sneer. The reason she said this was because Marven was the only 5th grader that was going against Brittany (popular girl) in the Talent Show. This resulted in tears, the councilor,  and more tears. (She's very likable!)
The kindest thing she's ever been told? Her reaction?
Well, once in the first book, Emily (you'll see her later) whispers to Marven in the dungeon, "Even if we-you don't dethrone King Carson, even if we both... even if we both die... I'll always, always, stand by my rightful Queen, and best friend..." Marven's reaction "And I, as Queen, will always stand by you."
 What is one strong memory that stuck with your character from their childhood?
Well, she's actually still in her childhood... but one memory that's gonna stick with her is her leaving her 4 year old brother Peter... so sad!
What book do you think your character would benefit from?
Harry Potter, she needs to learn you need tactical plans! You can't just rush in and say "I'm here to kill the king!" whenever you get mad!
 Do they get along with their neighbors?
She get's along with most people... but she's a natural born leader, so she tends to be a bit bossy and clash heads with others...
On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being easy and 10 being difficult) how easy are they to get along with?
Um... 3?
If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?
Um... home! She'd give anything to be back home with Peter and (although she'd hate to admit it) Lisa (her adoptive mother (it's a long story))
Who was the last person they held hands with?
Peter
So guys! How'd you like Marven? (I'll let you in on a secret, ready? Marven's based off me!!)
Bye Sincerely

5 comments:

  1. Hey Dani. I've noticed that you've been doing a lot of tags and stuff lately, are you running out of ideas or just doing it for fun?

    ~ Rukiya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um both? But seriously though! I'm running out of ideas AND I think tags are really fun so I'm like it's a good filler!
      -Dani

      Delete
    2. Okay, whatever you say :) But maybe you should calm down with all the tags, it takes away the content.

      Delete
  2. Hia Dani,
    Marven is a pretty name for a character, I can't seem to think of names for the life of me!
    Do we get to read any of her story anytime soon? (pretty please :))
    I'm curious about Marven's family situation, brother? Stepmom? Real parents? Where do they all fit in???
    If Marven is based off of you did the story with the talent show happen to you?

    _Crystal_
    You're Just Right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm sorry but no, I'm going to try to get it published when I'm done, so you won't be able to read it.
      Marven's actually a princess in this magical world, her REAL parents were killed whenever King Carson took over, so they gave her to a human (step-mom). The human gave birth to a son 6 years later. Marven was just a baby when she was given up.
      If you mean when the girl made fun of her, no. That did not happen to me. I just came up with that off the top of my head to answer that question!
      -Dani

      Delete

So... it looks like you're going to comment. Thanks for that. Your comments make my day. :)
-Dani Jones