Thursday, April 7, 2016

New Book!!

 Hey guys! So, I started writing a new book! So here's a look at the first chapter!


Part 1 The Birthday

Once upon a time... okay, no! We're not starting there... we'll start like this... Marven Jones (the oldest sibling, she turned 10 today) was being chased by her (yes, I did just say her) little 4 year old brother Peter. She laughed as she ran around the park playground, her blond hair swishing in the wind. "Bet you can't catch me!" she giggled. Peter had been chasing their mom- Lisa- but as she tired out, he started chasing Marven, and since Marven had been bored, that was perfectly fine with her. Now, it was Peter who was getting tired out, Marven tried getting dangerously close (to get him pumped up again), but even that didn't work. Peter stopped, plopped down on his butt, and said, "I need some water," which is what he always said when he got tired. So their mom came rushing over and gave him the water. I'm not drinking out of that again Marven thought he back washes! Which of course is true, everybody back washes when they're young. "Come on monkeys!" Their mom calls, "We need to get home and eat dinner, your dad should've gotten the pizza by now." "Yay!!!" Peter yelled as he runs to the car making random loud noises. Marven got in the front, very excited, as today was her 10th birthday, and her dad had taken off early, and gotten pizza just for her! You see, Marven and Peter's dad was a car-salesman, and he was almost never home. He works Monday through Saturday (which was the day it was now), and got off around 9:00 every night. The only day he was actually off, was Sunday. So, now you know why Marven was so excited. On the way home, Marven noticed her hunger, and she wondered when it became so excruciating. It's almost as if someone put my stomach under the cruciates curse she thought. Marven tried to take her mind off her hunger by listening to Peter "And Mommy's a princess and Maven’s a princess" he was saying. "Actually, mom would be the queen, but you were right about the me being a princess." Marven corrected him. "Oh! Looks like we're home!" their mom said. Marven jumped out of the car and ran to the door. As soon as she opened it, she was overwhelmed by the smell! It was mouth-watering! The smell dragged her through the door and to the table where a slice of cheese pizza on a purple paper plate with a candle stuck inside was waiting for her. She grinned and beckoned her brother toward the table. Once everybody was seated, they said their blessing. Marven raised her slice of pizza to her mouth, but before she could take a bight, her dad started singing, “Happy birthday to you!” her mom joined in “Happy birthday to you!” now peter was singing too “Happy birthday dear Marven! Happy birthday to you!” Her dad lit the candle (which Marven had forgotten about). I wish… I wish to have the best, most exciting year… ever!! she thought, as she blew out the candle. Marven took the candle out, threw it in the trash, and took about of pizza. “What did ya wish for? What did ya wish for?”Peter asked Marven, “You know I can't tell you!” she replied, tickling his chin “If I did, it wouldn't come true!” As Marven finished her pizza, she thought, this is going to be the best year ever!!
So what'd you guys think? I like it!

Bye Sincerely

12 comments:

  1. So cool! i love how its starts off. It's a lot different to the story i'm writing now, but in a good way! i'd like to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's pretty good dani! Though with the text like that a little hard to read.

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! I thought about what you commented on my deleting the blog post, and I think I am going to start a new fresh blog!!
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure your new blog will be AWESOME!!
      -Dani

      Delete
  4. Lol i feel like a knowitall brat rn, but u wrote here not her, and Dani not Marven. Also you said today was her 10th birthday, but that she had already turned 10? Also, it's illegal to sit in the front if your only 10.

    Sorry if this sounded rude though, I wasn't trying to be rude or mean in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, you wrote bight instead of bite, and about instead of a bite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think your a know-it-all-brat at all! I seriously would WANT you to tell me!
      -Dani

      Delete
    2. Oh, and if it's illegal then I break the law a lot. LOL. But seriously, please don't report me to the police!
      -Dani

      Delete
    3. Lol, I'm 12, I do it too It's funny though we pass police all the time, they don't even stop us. They must think I'm 13. (sarcastically pretends to be offended) I like this story, will you continue this?

      Delete
    4. Ya! I'll totally continue it!
      -Dani

      Delete

So... it looks like you're going to comment. Thanks for that. Your comments make my day. :)
-Dani Jones