Monday, July 23, 2018

Theater

 Hey guys! So this post titled theater can be about one of two things. One-Why I love theater. Two=A recent play that I was in. And lucky for you guys, it's BOTH! So um, yeah. Btw there is going to be some... sad content in the second part of this post. So if you only read the first night that's fine.
 SO first things first! I was in a play on Saturday of last week. It was a play that I had wrote with the help of three adults and a couple of kids (It was at my theater camp btw). It was fabulous other than the fact that I fell on stage. But it was fine, it looked scripted. My character's name was Katherine Blanc and since it was like a "talent show" theme I was basically american, girl, Simon Cowell. Which. in case you didn't know, Derpy Dog LOVES Simon Cowell so she very much enjoyed seeing me act like him. All in all, despite the fact that I almost had a panic attack backstage, it was REALLY fun.
 SECOND POINT! So, you guys probably know that I, like, LOVE theater. I was in my school's play last year and then got into an advanced theater class. What you might not know is WHY I love acting, because I don't think I've ever talked about it here. A lot of the reason I haven't talked about on here is because I don't really like to talk about my anxiety or EXTREMELY low self-esteem to much because I don't want anyone to think that I'm fishing for compliment or anything. In fact, most compliments make me uncomfortable. BUT ANYWAY, one of the main reasons I love theater is because I get to BE someone else. That's whats so great about it, when I go onstage I'm not ME anymore, I'm someone else, with their own backstory, own personality. I'm just not ME which I love because I so BADLY want to be someone else and acting is the closest I can get. Also, when I'm someone else, whatever I do, it's scripted. I know what comes next. And I know that even if my character does something bad, it's still going to further the plot. And I KNOW that because I can SEE the script. I know what happens.
 So that's it! I'm not sure if any of you can relate, but if you can than please tell me. I could use someone that I can talk to about this kind of stuff. And of course, if you want more posts like this one-I'm not sure why you would given the fact that it talks about my problems-than tell me and I will make more!

Bye Sincerely
Dani Jones

4 comments:

  1. ahh i love theater! (or theatre, as i spell it lol.) i was in my school's play back in april and ahh i loved it. and don't worry, i've fallen on stage multiple times (once during the play someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back {cuz it was part of the script} and that person pulled me so hard i slipped and fell on my butt. xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theater id just the best. You poor dear, just falling on stage once was enough to give me heart palpitations and almost have a panic attack so you go girl! Lol.
      -Dani Jones

      Delete
  2. I've never done theatre before, but it sounds like so much fun XD I'm glad that acting helps you with your self-esteem! I totally understand what you mean about becoming someone else and knowing exactly what's going to happen next and how that's comforting, I think that's one of the reasons why I really like writing, because I'm in control of everything that happens XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so fun! Honestly that's also one of the reasons I like writing too.
      -Dani Jones

      Delete

So... it looks like you're going to comment. Thanks for that. Your comments make my day. :)
-Dani Jones