Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Amy's Guest Post

Today I have Amy from Little Moon Dragon. So take it away Amy!

Hello! I'm Amy, I blog over at Little Moon Dragon, and I'm so happy to be blogging over at the amazing Dani's blog today! A little bit about myself: I love vintage, pastels, singing, dancing, and anything whimsical along with, of course, blogging. But enough about me! I'm here today to share with you all about the process of taking photos for my blog. Before we start, I'd just like to say that this is simply how I take my photos, and you by no means have to do yours this way.
1: Lighting
Even if you don't have a fancy camera, if you have good lighting, your photos can turn out wonderful. Because of this, if possible, it can be very useful to take your blog photos in bulk on a sunny day.
2: Background
In my opinion, it's important to choose a plain, non-cluttered background for your photos. That way, nothing is there to distract your readers from the focus of the image.
3: Props
I love adding fun props to my photos, to give them a little life. Some of my favourites include things like flowers and china saucers. Just make sure, in order to keep your photo uncluttered, don't overdo it!
4: Editing
Even if I'm already happy with my photos, I like to edit them. It can make such a huge, positive difference. My favourite way to do this is to go to an app called "Phonto", open my image, and then select the "Highlight, Shadow, Adjust" option. I attached a before and after above!

And that's it! I'm by no means a photography expert, this is simply what works for me. Thank you for having me, Dani!

4 comments:

  1. These are great tips Amy, I will definitely remember them for future use! Lighting is something I always struggle with, because my shadow always wants to get in the way.
    Little Robin x
    littleteensblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accidentally didn't let the reply go through (#Clicked the wrong button). She said: Thank you so much Little Robin! I always struggle with it, too ♥
      -Dani

      Delete

So... it looks like you're going to comment. Thanks for that. Your comments make my day. :)
-Dani Jones