Monday, January 23, 2017

My top book series' of 2016- part 3

 Hi guys! How ya doing? Part 3 is about Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus/whatever else you want to call it!
WARNING
SPOILERS AHEAD
 Book one, The Lightening Theif
I love love love love love this book! This was an absolutely perfect introduction to the series with just the right amount twists and turns and amazingness! I actually got Grammy to start reading this cause she's only seen the movies. ARRGGGG the movies suck so dang much!!! Like, seriously Rick? Why would you let them do this??? Anyway, I honestly had a hate/love relationship with how Luke was the bad guy, was anyone else like that? I mean, I loved the way that it gave a twist, but I loved Luke! Why Luke? Ugh! I mean, he and Grover were Percy's only real friends before the quest when he and Annabeth became best friends, but... overall, I think it was a good decision.  
 Book two, The Sea of Monsters
I actually didn't really have strong feelings about this one... I mean, the plot was ok but Tyson!! I loved him!! I think his character was such an adorable one, you know? But I honestly couldn't really say that I LOVED or really hated this. 
 Book three, The Titans Curse
I honestly haven't... really read this one in a while... so I kinda sorta forgot what this one was about! Don't kill me! But I'm assuming Blackjack is in this one a lot cause... I mean... He's on the cover so...
 Book four, The Battle of the Labyrinth 
 So I'm actually re-reading this book right now! I love this one, and how Grover and Tyson are kinda forced to work together. And... the Annabeth kiss! nfkhdhDIGHOSIDGHDKLGHRDFUDOHEWGUHERUTGHUETYIO!!!!!!!!!! Sorry! Fangirl moment! Don't pay any attention! Hahaha... But yeah, great book!
 Book five, The Last Olympian
Ok, I'm planning on re-reading this next, but... right now... not actually sure right now...
 Book one of Heroes of Olympus, The Lost Hero
Ok, so when I first started reading this I was really confused cause I thought we were gonna open on Percy but instead there were these 3 new people, and I saw Annabeth and I was super confused. Then I realized what was happening and I was disappointed. You can't just take away Percy. But then I actually started to enjoy it! Well I mean... the Leo chapters. The others were just... eh. But the whole time I was wondering wheres m- sorry Annabeth's Percy? 
 Book two, The Son of Neptune
In this whOLE DANG BOOK I WAS JUST RELIEVED WE WERE BACK WITH PERCY!!! I WAS SO WORRIED! *Hyperventilating* 

Ok! I'm back! Just had to take a momentary Fangirling break. Nothing big. Anyway, I honestly didn't like Hazel OR Frank that much, I mean Hazel was fine, but Frank was just plain what the crap is he. I mean, no offence but... yeah. But this book was amazing, how they joined Greek and Roman and AHHHHH! I also loved how Nico was here to, and he was just kinda like... What the crap?! Ahh! Percy! Must... stay... calm! "Hi, nice to meet you" Percy "You know me don't you?" Nico Oh crap!
Anyway! I also loved the family dynamic between Nico and Hazel. (Not sure I used that word right! But I sounded smart!) 
 Book three, The Mark of Athena
I kinda loved the way it started and how Annabeth like judo flips Percy and then she realizes everybody's watching! But loved-this book! That cliff-hanger though!!! You can't just throw Percabeth into Tartarus! It's a crime! Or... something! But guess what! I didn't have to wait a year to find out what happened! So HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! 
 Book four, The House of Hades
There are so many things I love about this book, but about one thing I absolutely despised!! Percabeth was in TARTARUS!!!! But I loved how the story was told, switching between Tartarus, the Argo 2, and then Calypso's island. OMIGOSH I SHIP CALEO SO HARD AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 Book five, The Blood of Olympus
Soooooooooo.............. Good book.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 The Trials of Apollo book one, The Hidden Oracle
I was pleasantly surprised when Rick Riordan decided to write another "Percy Jackson" type book series and was a tiny bit skeptical but a lot desperate to read this and it was amazingly amazing and amazing! Though I hated Meg's betrayal I really liked the character of Meg. 
 I hope you loved this post and I will be back Wednesday (hopefully)! 

Bye Sincerely
   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dani,
    Thanks for following my blog! I've read the whole of the Heroes of Olympus series but they don't have any of the others at my library :(. I might try one of the other 2 that I'm connected to, they sound brilliant and Rick Riordan is one of my favourite authors.
    See you,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Rick Riordan is one of my absolute favorite authors!!
      -Dani

      Delete

So... it looks like you're going to comment. Thanks for that. Your comments make my day. :)
-Dani Jones