Sunday, January 17, 2016

Kelsi's Writing Camp Challenge Thingy

 Hi! So, Kelsi is doing a writing camp thingy, anyway, I'm going to show the prompt and my entry to go with it. (BTW there are 3 prompts in this post!)

Prompt #1
“Put on your war paint” she told us “it'll hopefully keep you from being seen. Our supplies are scarce ever since the British army attacked.” We were in the war room (a hut where we discussed current wars), I was only 15, but my country needed me, or what was left of it. America had been mostly consumed by woods, which was where we were now. “Solder Celina! Your suggestion on what we should do?” General Kane's voice startled me out of my thoughts “Well personally, I think we should come up from behind their camp, where their supplies are, and somehow cut them off from it.” I answered almost without thinking. “You mean, burn down their supplies?” He asked, “Yes” it felt strange to say that, this wasn't me! I was all about world peace! But, above everything, I had to help my country! What General Kane said next surprised me even more “Solder, you'll be leading that attack. 

Prompt #2
 I was running through the streets, with my pencil of course! My name's Sadie! You'll never see me without a pencil in my hand, NEVER! I live to write! I'm only 11 but I've published over 20 books! Back to the story, I was running, I had no idea what was chasing me, but something was. I could feel it. So I was running away from it. It was night, but I could somehow see, almost like a superpower… No! That was crazy talk! I entered the housing district at top speed. I made the mistake to look back, and the thing that was chasing me was humungous! It looked like a dog snake hybrid! It was nipping at my heals, I turned around and stabbed it in the eye. I had just enough time to think a pencil makes a good weapon when someone's chasing you before I collapsed on someone's lawn. I woke up the next morning on the lawn, it was a bad dream! I thought cheerfully, I just sleepwalked out here! I looked at my house, then I realized, that's not my house!

Prompt #3
“Zombies only walk, so during the zombie apocalypse, don't run. It wouldn't make any sense!” I was with my cousin, Amelia. “Ana, am I right?” she asked. “As usual.” I answered. Amelia and I always talked about really random stuff. Suddenly there was a knock at the door that sounded more like a bang. She opened the door, then, we promptly screamed. Why you ask? Well because a zombie was there at the door. “Ana!” she called out, “Code alpha stairs!” (yes we had codes!). We did it exactly how we practiced. I rolled under the zombie to distract it, then I ran down the stairs into the backyard and into our tree house. Amelia punched the zombie and ran down the stairs and into the tree house. She opened the trunk and took out her bow and quiver of arrows (I have an awesome cousin!), the zombie came out back and started looking for us. Amelia aimed the arrow and shot! It whizzed right by him and got stuck into the patio. Then the zombie… took off his mask!? The “zombie” was actually Amelia's brother! “Watch it he yelled” rubbing his arm where his sister punched him. “You scared the freakin heck out of us!” she yelled at him. “Yeah I know! Pretty awesome!” he called back. Amelia took aim again. “Alright! Alright! I'm sorry!” he yelled. Later that night as I was laying in bed, I thought I heard the slight mumbling of “Brains… Brains…”

So?! What'd you think? If you want me to continue any of these story's, tell me in the comments!

Bye Sincerely

4 comments:

  1. Prompt 1- when I read it, I thought of 1774 for whatever reason.
    Prompt 2- loved it!
    Prompt 3- I loved how you used the little, "brains..... brains...." in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one and will probably be continuing it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

So... it looks like you're going to comment. Thanks for that. Your comments make my day. :)
-Dani Jones